I realized that I never formally announced it: summer in Milwaukee is here, and it is glorious. It has been worth the wait (the months of bleak, grey skies and cold winds, which I complained about in several posts) and we are busy enjoying every single moment.
It’s a different vibe here. Everyone seems so appreciative of the sun and weather, like a mass reward for sticking out so many shitty months (and we didn’t even experience a full winter…yikes). There’s a shared gratitude, almost.
So, with the summer season comes my own new set of goals.
First, I want to review my spring goals before diving into my latest vision for summer 2022 in my new city.
Review of spring goals
- Go to HOTOWORX 3 times a week
- Accomplished! I actually did closer to 5 days a week for the majority of spring. I’m proud of this one!
- Paint our house
- Accomplished! We hired a painting company. It was a little pricey, but totally worth every penny to eliminate all the bold colors (neon green kitchen, see ya never).
- Plan weekend trips away
- Accomplished! We’ve had a few weekend trips away, to Baraboo to crash a wedding, Denver for a wedding, and Lake Geneva for Chad’s birthday.
- Make a new friend
- Accomplished! I have officially met up with three new friends after putting myself out there!
- Get a new client
- Accomplished! I worked with the Garfield County Democrats once again, through the Colorado primary election.
- Go through ‘must not miss‘
- In-progress! We’re still working our way through “111 Places in Milwaukee That You Must Not Miss” by Michelle Madden.
New summer goals
Continue going to HOTWORX, add more activity
In addition to going to HOTWORX at least three times a week, I want to lift weights at home. I hope to do a few Beachbody workouts a week, just to make sure that I’m working all parts of my body and staying active.
When I do my HOTWORX workouts, I want to also incorporate more of the isometrics, rather than spending the bulk on HIIT machines. (They are super difficult for me!)
Read more books
I took a break from reading, but I’m back baby. I want to read as much as possible this summer. I hope that this goal will also have the benefit of decreasing my screen time, too.
Go to the beach
With beautiful weather, I want to go to the beach (Lake Michigan) at least three times. There are so many around to explore! I’m talking about the whole spread: towels, chairs, a cooler, swimming, hours of fun.
Seek out lake day trips
Same thing! Wisconsin is full of lakes (like 15,000?!) and I want to explore some close by options for day trips. I’d like to do this at least once.
I have a pair of rollerblades sitting in my garage. Now is the time to learn how! I want to at least try it out, at least once this summer.
After reaching out to new people and meeting up, the goal is to now maintain those relationships! I think the follow-up and follow-through are tricky, and it’s been a long time since I had to start from scratch with a friend. I hope to have lots of fun this summer and get out and do a lot.
Hair and skin care
As I’m finally feeling more settled, I’m ready to pour more love into myself and my own self care. I recently got my hair done and I’m ready to re-invest my time and energy into taking the best care of my skin and hair, with new routines and products. I want to stick with it this summer.
Most of all, I want to go out, seek out, and experience as much as I can. I want to make sure to get the most out of our first Wisconsin summer. Cheers!
[…] summer goals include getting outside while the getting outside is […]
[…] let’s review my previously posted summer goals before diving into my latest vision for fall […]