Last week, Chad and I had the exciting pleasure to welcome our very first guests to stay at our home in Milwaukee. Our friends Megan and Haley stayed with us (we poured one out for Phil, who had to cancel at the last minute) and we had a fantastic long weekend of fun.
I love hosting. Honestly, it’s one of my favorite things (besides the manic cleaning episode beforehand)—from setting up a room to giving a tour of my favorite spots, I think it’s just so fun to welcome someone into my home and city.
Here’s how it all went down.
Frantic cleaning aside, I’m so pleased with how our house has been coming together lately. I decorated our guest bedroom the day-of (lol, oops), though I have visions of a moody transformation—with a few DIY projects—down the road.
I also finally hung up our picture frames in our dining room after a lot of procrastination, as well as an art gallery in our upstairs hallway (I’m really not sold on this long-term). Fresh flowers added the final touch throughout the house.
What we did
Activity-wise, we fit a ton of things into a few days! Many of our activities centered around the Wisconsin basics of drinking and eating, but we also squeezed in some exploring and quality time at the house, too.
Here’s everywhere we went and everything we did:
- A beautiful evening/sunset at South Shore Terrace Kitchen & Beer Garden
- A quick stop at Insomnia Cookies
- Margaritas at home
- Beer and curds at Lakefront Brewery
- Brunch (with a blood orange mimosa for me) at Toast
- 3rd Street Market Hall (just a quick peek)
- A drink at Who’s On Third (with a free shuttle to and from the game!)
- A win at the Brewers game
- Taco truck on Water Street
- A lovely stroll at our neighborhood’s Sanger House Gardens
- Coffee and breakfast at Stone Creek Coffee
- Perusing at Boswell Book Company
- A final drink at Mobcraft Brewery
Ready for more
Want to visit? Please do!!! We’d love to have guests and to share the magic of Milwaukee.