I realize that this post comes a little late into the season. However, I’m a firm believer that there’s never an ideal timeline to both create and stick with goals: if I want to come up with a new series of challenges to better myself, I’m always on time.
So, here we are.
First, let’s review my previously posted summer goals before diving into my latest vision for fall 2022.
Happy fall, y’all.
Review of summer goals
- Continue going to HOTWORX, add more activity
- Ehhhh. We’re kicking things off with something resembling a failure. Lol, I’m sorry to say but I did not maintain the three times a week HOTWORX kick. I stayed plenty busy, but I didn’t stick to this one.
- Read more books
- Accomplished! This could considered a work in progress, but I have read more books! I tripled my book count! (Thanks, airplanes.) I even just went to a book club meeting. It’s been a really great feeling to get back in the swing of things.
- Go to the beach
- Accomplished! We went to the beach a handful of times. I’d like to really make this more of a priority next summer!
- Seek out lake day trips
- Kind of accomplished! We did this once. Next year, there will definitely be more.
- Ehhhh. Truthfully, not even once. Lol. Some day I will, I promise!
- Maintain friendships
- In-progress! Okay, I’m doing pretty good! I actually jumpstarted a few more, and it was a little tough with the four or so weeks of travel right in the middle of my Social Girl Summer, so I’m playing catch up. Still feeling pretty good overall. 🙂
- Hair and skincare
- Accomplished! I really stepped it up in terms of taking care of myself with a set routine of serums, oils, and moisturizers. We put in a shower filter, which really helped our water quality as well.
New fall goals
Move my body
This fall, I hope to feel like I’m taking care of my body consistently and in ways that feel natural. In addition to going to HOTWORX as much as possible, I hope to add in time on the treadmill, classes at The Barre Code, and some weight lifting at home. Mixing and matching and feeling good about doing a little bit, every day.
Read more books
This goal remains the same; let’s go! I’m hungry to devour some more books and make up for recent dry spells. While I’m at it, I wouldn’t mind decreasing my screen time, too.
Push myself behind the scenes
This one is about my growth behind the scenes: for my business, for my blog, for my portfolio. I want to work as hard as I can, knowing that I left it all on the court and didn’t cut myself short. I have a lot of potential and dreams and I want to reach them all.
I hope this manifests in a new client, maybe a collaboration, scheduled posts ahead of time, and maybe some increases in numbers. We’ll see!
Plan a winter vacation
It’s time. Grey skies are headed our way and I am not interested in bearing the brunt of seasonal depression without some kind of reprieve. I will be leaving, relaxing, and sitting in warmth for at least a few days.
We’ve got quite a few things to do in our house, and this fall will be the perfect time to get to work. It might be lofty, but I’d like to tackle painting and sorting out our basement. (Cozy movie-watching space, maybe??) Eventually, our guest bedroom, loft, and office are due for some TLC too.
Another repeat: now that I’ve connected with nearly a thousand new people, I’d like to focus more on following up and through and getting out of my comfort zone.
Unlock that basic energy
It’s pumpkin spice season and I want to embrace that energy, even if it’s just once. My goal is to do something super festive, whether it’s pumpkin carving or candle making or apple picking or fall color chasing. It’s now or never.