It’s time for me to step back into my goal girlie era. After skipping winter (for obvious reasons) (cough, cough, seasonal depression), I’m feeling more myself with the arrival of spring.
So, we’ll jump back in, pretending like we never stopped. :)!
First, let’s review my previously posted seasonal goals before diving into my latest vision for spring 2023.
Happy spring, y’all.
Review of fall goals
- Move my body
- Accomplished! It took me a while (far beyond fall), but I sure did this! I’ve taken a few Barre Code classes and exactly no Hotworx classes (whoops, my biggest fail), but I did complete a Fit by Katy challenge.
- Read more books
- Accomplished! Yes! A work in progress that I’m really proud of. Since starting the new year, I’ve really been diving into books. A Court of Thorns and Roses has become one of my very favorite series in a short amount of time.
- Push myself behind the scenes
- Accomplished! Yeah, this has been very real. I started therapy, got two new clients, and have been busting my ass with magazine writing assignments. I feel like I’ve really pushed myself to a new level.
- Plan/go on a winter vacation
- Accomplished! Done and done and done. Chad and I went on vacation to Las Vegas for a few days, then went to Miami’s North Beach for a few days after to relax and recover on the beach. It was magical and I definitely miss it.
- House projects
- In-progress! I previously mentioned tackling our basement with paint and a new couch, which we did! Wooooo! We’re still slowly building up that space (and need to finish painting a few more spots), but it has definitely become our cozy hang-out spot. The office and loft are still on the docket.
- Maintain friendships
- In-progress! I’m doing pretty good! Winter has stalled a few things, but we managed to join a shuffleboard league, go to breweries every Tuesday, and make plans for spring!
New spring goals
Stick with fitness
Since completing one Fit by Katy challenge, I’m ready to turn around and do another. I’m hungry for more! Now that I know I can finish and survive an 8-week program, I’m ready to thrive.
Beyond that, I’m starting my Barre Code membership in April and I’m looking forward to taking at least two classes a week. I love it there!
Map out summer plans
For Chad and I, the best way to get out and do things is to plan ahead. So, that’s a big goal for this spring! Weekend trips, events, trivia, lake days; you name it, I’d like to know it’s coming.
Bust my ass
This is a continuation of “giving it my all” or “behind the scenes” hard work. I need to bust my ass and dive into work this spring. With new clients and projects ongoing, I have no other option than to hustle and grind.
Make the most of weekends
I’ll admit, winter has created a version of myself where I retreat into the comfort of nothingness on the weekends. It’s rare for us to get out and about these days, as I’ve been wiped from intense week days of work and being social.
Moving into spring, I’d like to add a little more structure into my weekends and start making them special again. It doesn’t have to be crazy, but I do need to breathe more life into those two days.
Read more books
This goal remains the same; let’s go! I’m hungry to devour some more books. While I’m at it, I wouldn’t mind decreasing my screen time, too.
Leave a Reply