It’s time for another pup-date! Wally continues to be at the center of our lives, the goodest, naughtiest, funniest goof ball dog. As we sometimes joke, we love him…maybe a little too much. 😉
It has been several months since we last checked in, so I figured it was time to over-share once again.
First, here are some stats about our very good boy.
Age: 1 year (as of 4/13/21)
Breed: Goldendoodle F1B
Coat: Wavy, medium-length
Weight: 65-70 lbs
Second, here’s his personality break-down.
The last time I checked in, Wally still had a ton of naughty puppy energy, where he could easily ramp it up at any time. These days, Wally is mostly pretty chill. It feels like he’s grown up quite a bit. We spend almost every day together, with him by my side cuddling as I work from bed. He’s sweet and loving and really enjoys goofily raising his leg and offering up his full belly for rubs.
He loves attention, often more than food. However, he won’t ever turn down a treat or a good, chewable bone. He’s a rockstar at ripping apart stuffed animals and turning large bones into sharp shivs.
In the evening, Wally enjoys playing. He loooooves to run and chase after a ball and play tug of war. (He’s a little too strong though, I almost never want to play because he wins. He’s more powerful than me, lol.) He enjoys walks and hikes and running and jumping and playing with the neighbor dogs through the fence.
Wally is smart. He’s exceedingly clever and figures things out right away. This can be difficult when we want to put him in bed, for example, and he realizes all of our old tricks. He’ll run and be chased and have a ball doing so, seemingly laughing at our efforts to one-up him.
Sometimes I feel as though Wally and I are twins. We have the same energy and stubbornness, and I like to think we’re both pretty clever and funny. It’s very rewarding to have him by my side and always in my heart. In February he had a horrible, awful haircut (an unexpected and unwanted total body shave from Petco) and it was the worst, though we realized how great his personality truly is. (His fur is back though, and we are very happy about it.)
- Attention! He’s a total ham sandwich
- Big bones to chew
- Going for walks and hikes
- Playing with balls
- His bed friend Monet, who he chases, barks at, rough houses with, and just really loves
- Barking at the UPS/Fed Ex delivery driver through the door
- Belly rubs
- Sleeping on his back
- Sitting on the sectional couch, hanging his head over the side
- Chasing the lawn mower
- Saying hi to our neighbor dogs through the fence
- Jumping on people to say hello (working on this one)
- Putting his head out the car window (he’s new to this one and we love it!)
- Having his fur brushed (especially his ears)
- Not being by our side when we go outside (he pops up and watches us through the window. It’s hilarious)
- Terrible haircuts
- Going into his cage for bed
- Wearing the cone of shame