I’d love to replay this month on repeat if possible.
I hope everyone had a fantastic June! Welcome to my monthly favorites. <3
Places we’ve been
- Casa de Nelson (Grand Junction, CO). I spent a lot of time at my parents’ house this month! I pet-sat for almost a week and it was a really lovely time, flew out of GJ for our vacation, and then I came back for some professional business later.
- California (Solana Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar, and San Diego). We had ourselves a vacation! We did a little bit of beachin’ and a lot of exploring.
- Snowmass, Colorado. For a spur-of-the-moment activity, Chad and I drove to Snowmass and enjoyed a quick Art Festival look-around. It was our first time exploring the Snowmass Base Village, and it was cool!
What I’m excited about
Here are just a few things that I’ve been excited about this month.
- Vacation! It was long-overdue and much-needed. In fact, I’d like another.
- Spending time with my parents’ pups.
- Note: disaster struck when Wally decided to grab a medication bottle off of the kitchen counter and destroy it and eat all the pills with the other pups. While this was devastating and involved many ER and vet visits, all the pups seem to be doing well and recovered. Not exactly excited, but feeling relieved.
- Also: Wally got groomed. It was super cute. Lol.
- Partnering with Dancing Lotus Artistry (my mom’s new Etsy page and fine art shop) for their launch!!!
- Chad’s birthday 🙂
- Coaching. We’ve started planning and organizing the upcoming high school softball season and I’m ready to spread some love of the game.
- Potentially a new client—I have a meeting next week.
- I was published in a magazine! I wrote a food review for Glenwood Springs Magazine. You can read it here, on page 20!
- My nephew, Atlas, turned 1! I’m excited to see him (and his parents and brother) in late July! 🙂
Also: my sweet friend Alexis sent me a surprise Venmo to grab coffee. This is technically a July thing, but it deserves mention. Thanks buddy!!!! 🙂 <3
Things we’ve watched
As usual, we’ve consumed our fair share of television and movies. (A little less this month—we’ve been kinda busy!)
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive
- The Lords of Dogtown
- This Is a Robbery: The World’s Biggest Art Heist
- Manchester by the Sea
- The Bachelorette (!!)
- Firefly Lane
Activities we enjoyed
- Water time! The amount of time spent by and in the water (both the pool and the ocean) this month has been amazing for me. I love it!
- Mini-golf. It was my first time at Grand Junction’s Bananas—I’ve always wanted to go (especially as a kid), lol. It was hot but fun!
- Brewery-hopping. Chad and I enjoyed trying new breweries in both Grand Junction and San Diego. Lots of fun!
- Reading. I picked up a book this month—The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard.
- Vacation. Every minute was full of fun!
San Diego Activities will come soon!
Foods I ate
- Takeout from 88 Grill. There’s nothing like a thick burger from the one restaurant in New Castle that offers delivery. Delicious!
- Lunch at Ming’s Café. Chad and I went to lunch in Carbondale and finally tried a local Asian fusion favorite. The food really hit the spot.
- Fish tacos from Dos Gringos. Thanks to my future head coach boss, Amy, for a season planning dinner in Carbondale!
- Rice cakes with avocado. Listen…I have a new favorite snack. Take two rice cakes, spread half of an avocado between them, and cover it with “everything but the bagel” seasoning. I get mine from Thrive Market.
- Late dinner at Warehouse 25 sixty-five. When house sitting, Chad and I checked out this party hub for a bite to eat.
- Breakfast burritos. The Buttered Biscuit in Grand Junction has breakfast burritos that hit the spot.
- Lots and lots of beer. We hit up several breweries between Grand Junction and San Diego—Monumental, Ramblebine, Culture, Ballast Point, Mike Hess, and Stone Brewing.
A San Diego food roundup will come soon!
What I listened to
- The Garcia Diaries Podcast. Honestly, I’ve never been able to get into podcasts. I found one that I really enjoy, however. These guys are great and I love hearing their very authentic conversations about life, love, marriage, and parenthood.
Stuff I posted
- San Diego in photos – the city
- San Diego in photos – La Jolla
- San Diego in photos – Solana Beach
- The stories of Chad
- A perfect weekend in Grand Junction
- Swimsuits for summer
Stuff I bought
- A vacuum. It won’t get here for a while, but I took advantage of the Prime Day sale and got us a cordless vacuum. I’m pretty excited…is this what adulthood feels like?
- An abstract, fine art card. Check out these gorgeous designs from Dancing Lotus Artistry. 🙂
- Vet visits. Sigh. Pet disasters can be pricey!
- Shoes for Chad. This year, I decided to give Chad several pairs of shoes for his birthday (in addition to a planned San Diego vacation, lol). I chose some tennis shoes, casual shoes, and a pair of Teva sandals. He’s lookin’ good!
- Many, many Uber rides. I guess that’s the price of vacation when you don’t rent a car. *shrug*
- On Cloud shoes. I ordered some sweet kicks, but haven’t received them yet. I’m excited for some nice tennies!
Photos I took
Here are some of the photos I deem worthy of sharing!