Other than to my parents on the phone, a friend at dance class, a random person buying my old snowboards, and hurried talks with my husband, I haven’t said something out loud.
I have been holding a secret, and it’s time to share.
We are moving to Milwaukee!
Ahhhh, there it is! It’s out! I absolutely can’t believe it. The past few weeks (if even) have been a total whirlwind of planning, decision-making, and waiting.
Here’s the quick summary:
- Chad and I ended the year agreeing that we’d be open to a change. Not sure what that meant exactly, we decided to keep an open mind to any opportunities that pop up. In a bit of an unhinged stupor, I updated Chad’s resume and filled out countless applications on his behalf across the country.
- Interested companies flooded in! He found one that he loved. Two Zoom interviews later, and they sent him an amazing offer. The new start date: March 7! He’ll be designing bridges in downtown Milwaukee.
- I plan on retaining my business and hopefully all of my clients. 🙂
- In the meantime, we are going to sell our house in Colorado! We’ve met with our realtor and will be listing our home at the end of the week.
- We are moving into an apartment with a 3-month lease in downtown Milwaukee while we get to know the city and find a house to buy over there. We have so many details to figure out in a short amount of time, from moving logistics to storage options to financing to last-minute home projects to Colorado bucket-listing.
Adventure is waiting for us on the other side! I’m a solid mix of nervous, excited, anxious, stressed, and eager. This is a big challenge, but I know we can do it. This will be so good for us, and though I’ll miss being by my family and friends, I know that we will grow and thrive.
Cream City, here we come!
Awesome! Have a great move!
Sunshine with Savannah says
Thank you Ashley!!