Sometimes, I find myself easily influenced in the food space. Especially by people I know and admire. Especially especially when the food in question is easy to make.
And, let’s not forget delicious.
Jamie, owner of Milwaukee’s The Barre Code, has become somewhat known for her daily breakfast: an over-easy egg over toast. It’s simple, but so damn good. I’m hooked!
Here it is.
Perfect Eggs + Toast
- 1 slice sour dough bread, toasted with ghee, sprinkled with rosemary Any type of bread honestly works, toasted however! But this is my favorite combination of flavors.
- 2 eggs
- 1 dollop chili onion oil
- 1 heaping everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1/4 avocado Optional!
- Toast your bread. I prefer to do mine on the stove, with ghee and rosemary
- On medium low heat, crack your two eggs directly into a olive-oiled pan.
- When the whites begin to firm, add a dollop of chili onion sauce on top. I measure with my heart!
- Soon after, sprinkle the eggs with everything but the bagel seasoning. Again, measure with the heart, but give it a few solid shakes.
- The egg is done when the outer layer of white surrounding the yolk stops jiggling.
- Optional: mash and spread a layer of avocado on the toast.
- Add the eggs onto the toast. Enjoy!