Happy holidays! The season of gift planning is upon us, as we collectively try to figure out who would like what and what would be good for whom. Whether you’re looking to treat yo ‘self or plan the perfect present for someone else, you can’t go wrong with an old fashioned idea list.
In that vein: gifts for the home. I dream of a day when Chad and I fulfill our savings goals and are able to buy our first home. In the meantime, I’ve curated a list of items that would fill that home nicely.
Check out these home-themed holiday gift ideas.
This post contains affiliate links to products. At no extra charge to you, I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
1. A faux-fur blanket that adds an extra layer of coziness to any living room Netflix binge session. They’ll be wrapped up in this soft material as soon as they get home every day.
I guarantee you: home owner or renter, no one will ever be upset about receiving a wonderful new blanket for Christmas. (Please, give me a wonderful new blanket. Chad. Please.)
4. A shelving unit—whether it’s for the garage, kitchen, or as a printer stand, there’s always use for some extra shelves around the house.
We actually have this in our house. I use it for extra storage in our office, holding paper and supplies.
5. New bedding that cannot get any more comfortable if it tried: a sherpa comforter.
I’ll be honest: this comforter is on my wish list, near the top. It will be a definite upgrade for our guest bedroom, where it’s a little on the chilly side.
6. No house is complete without plants of some kind. These live succulents bring low-maintenance yet so-cute energy to any home.
This is another purchase of mine that I’m really happy about. Our little cacti have been hanging out in our sunniest window sills, living the good life.
10. Macrame wall hangings are all the rage; they perfectly decorate a blank wall, and add a little dimension to a collection of paintings or prints.
I personally love bohemian decor, and have added these pieces onto a few of my walls. They are great!
12. This full-length mirror is an investment-worthy upgrade for anyone looking to update their space.
This would be such a nice present to receive, especially for the blogger or mirror-selfie taker in your life.
Happy gift giving, especially to those new homeowners in your life. Cheers!