There is beauty in brevity, sometimes. At least, that’s one of my takeaways from Vogue’s 73 Questions series, which invites celebrities to answer rapid-fire questions in a 10-ish minute video.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
A vanilla latte with extra pump of vanilla or a soy chai.
2. What does your workstation look like?
A little messy; new office space with tons of tourism brochures, a raised desk with two monitors, coffee on the window sill, and the pen we used to sign our wedding certificate is on hand.
3. Favorite food?
Mexican Food. All of it.
4. Favorite author?
Honestly? Cornelia Funke.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
It’s not for me, and never could be. However, I try to be as open minded as possible for people who enter these relationships with consent, boundaries, and respect.
6. What is your favorite video game?
NBA Street (“in and out like a fast food restaurant”).
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate/caramel bars, gummy candies. Oh, and popcorn.
8. Favorite movie?
UM. *panics.* Rudy.
9. Favorite book?
“Idaho” by Emily Ruskovich.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter! So much less pressure, much more support. And obscurity. And memes.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop for writing, double monitor desktop for work.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
It costs nothing to be nice.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Two blogs! An Instagram post! Organizing my mail! Deciphering a life insurance policy!
14. Favorite color?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
16. Dream job?
17. Play any sports?
Baseball, softball, basketball, and dance—ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, even a clogging stint, dance team.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a bachelor’s degree in English Writing and a minor in Communication, and about to begin a digital marketing certificate.
United States with European lineage.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
Get-to-know-me, listicles, easy-to-read travel recaps, love stories, editorial content.
21. What do you like to collect?
Calories, from bread.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Compassionate, intelligent, determined.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
A pyramid schemer.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
26. Sorting house?
Ravenclaw or Slytherin.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Travel, mountains, writing, family, loyal pals, childhood pets, the hubs.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Banff, Canada. Ariana Grande. Plaid pajama shorts.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
31. What’s the best thing ever?
True love exists.
32. Favorite season?
Summertime, feeling fine.
33. Favorite holiday?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
35. Do you like surprises?
I’m a sucker for a happy surprise.
Note: never had a surprise party, but always wanted one.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Ahhhh can’t think of one. How about: how amazing Canada is!
37. Which surprise made you cry?
The results of the 2016 presidential election.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
Good question! I think all the birthday presents I’ve given Chad lately.
39. Do you like muffins?
Sans baked fruit inside.
40. Do you cook often?
N o p e. My husband does the heavy lifting in the kitchen.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Coconut things or cherry pie.
43. Cake or pie?
Cake, all day every day.
44. What’s your least favorite food?
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Ketchup, followed closely by salsa.
46. It’s 4 a.m. on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Whatever my dreams cook up.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
Sunshine Seeking 101.
48. Best animated film?
Oof. Any Disney golden-age classics—The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Mulan, Toy Story. Followed by The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Spirited Away, Monsters Inc. New ones have to be Coco, Into the Spiderverse.
49. What has a girl said or done to impress you?
I love when women empower other women. Period.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Stargazing. Baseball game. Ice cream date.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Sit next to each other in silence. (A movie.)
52. What’s the best pickup line?
Girl, you dropped yo’ smile! (JUST KIDDING)
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
I don’t carry one. But always on me: phone, keys, ID, credit card.
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
(She retired from acting at 22, and later became a US ambassador. Cast me.)
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favorite sushi roll?
Rocky Mountain Roll from Zheng’s. (Would try anything that’s recommended to me, though!)
59. What lipstick do you use?
60. What foundation do you use?
Urban Decay All-Nighter, Mineral Hygenics Powder, drug store liquid varieties
61. Blow dry or air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favorite Disney character?
Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove is hilarious.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Work: throwing a media FAM event for a client; headed to live music and drinks after. (Usually, I’d be home all day and night mid-week and binge watch TV before bed. This is unusual.)
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
A Star is Born.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
No one. I’d let Ariana Grande sing the whole damn thing, and just stand next to her with my jaw on the floor.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
“Freckled Girl, Sun-Drenched Spirit”
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
*Artist. My mom!
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
Ireland. England. Italy. Iceland. Germany. Scotland.
73. Best way to decompress?
Binge watch Netflix in sweatpants.
Thanks for sticking with me!